We are so good to welcome the monsoon showers after experiencing the scorching summer heat. But monsoons do bring certain health risks. Our body is more susceptible to health issues in rainy season, because monsoon reduces the immunity power of our body. Our body constantly gets affected with allergies, infections, indigestion problems, so we must keep our body resistant against such diseases. The humidity in the atmosphere is usually high in this season; as a result the body’s digestive capability goes down. The important point to keep in mind is that you must avoid oily food, street food or any type of food that is prepared in bulk else there is a possibility that it upsets your stomach.
Nutritional Tips in Monsoon:
The damp and filthy conditions in monsoon plays a host for many disease causing germs, which cause some serious health attacks like dengue, malaria, conjunctivitis, typhoid, viral fever, pneumonia, gastro intestinal disturbances, diarrhea and dysentery. If your immune system is weak you are supposed to catch these diseases instantly. To maintain healthy diet and protect you from such ill causes during the rainy season these countermeasures have to be taken.
- If you are not eating fruits, then you must start eating them. Fruits are a very rich source of many minerals and vitamins that we fail to consume on daily basis. If you don’t like eating fruits raw, then you could opt for Mixed Fruit Jam that have high fruit pulp content.
- Have medium to low salt food and avoid heavy salty food as they are responsible for high blood pressure and water retention.
- Body’s immunity can be increased by adding a saffron in your diet,one glass of kesar sharbat in morning is good to start your day.
- Drinking more water is always advisable for a healthy lifestyle. If you are going to mix a healthy drink option with the water, then you could double up the benefit. For example, Guruji has loads of yummy squash options that can be mixed with water to replenish energy during monsoon time, swad bhi sehat bhi.
Consuming bitter vegetables like bitter gourd, and bitter herbs like neem, turmeric powder and methi seeds help in preventing infections.Consume drying oils like corn oil or light oil and avoid heavy oils like sesame oil, peanut oil and mustard oil as they fall in first place to invite infections.
People who face skin allergies during rainy seasons must avoid spicy foods. Spicy foods raise body temperature and stimulate blood circulation and it leads to allergies and skin irritation. Other problems such as boils, change in skin color dullness, rashes, pyodera are also some skin damaging effects which arise in this season.Avoid naturally sour foods like tamarind, tomatoes and lime in your diet as it promotes water retention.
- Astringent, mildly bitter and pungent foods must be best served this season.
The beginning of the festive season is also just the beginning of entertaining guests at home. Guruji is trying to make life simpler by sharing these simple, delicious and adventurous mocktail recipes for you to welcome your guests with.
The flavours of this pineapple slush are a beautiful of mix of sweet char grilled pineapples, chatpata chaat masala and plenty of crushed ice. When fresh pineapples are not in season you can easily use Guruji pineapple squash to make this drink anytime of the year.
- Take tall stemmed glasses and place 3-4 ice cubes in each glass.
- Pour guruji khus syrup.
- Gently tilt the glass a little and gently pour crush at the bottom.
- Gradually add guruji mango juice.
- So it does not disturb the two layers. Fill ¾ glass.
- Top with lemon ginger and pour little soda. Top with crushed ice.
- Garnish by fixing slit cherry, mint, lemon slice on the rim of the glass.
- Insert a stirrer
- Boil Sugar and ½ cup water, Sim for 2 Minutes.
- Remove from the Burner and cool it.
- Mix Guruji Lemon Ginger syrup , ginger juice, Guruji Lemon Barley, roasted cumin powder, salt, rock salt (kala namak) in large jug.
- Add 4 cups of chilled water & stir.
- Pour into glasses with lemon slice.
- Serve immediately.
Chandan Almond Shake
- Put the washed grapes in a cooker and add 6 cups of water.
- After two whistles remove it from burner.
- Let it cool.
- Place the mixture in blender & blend smooth. Pour the juice through the strainer.
- Add guruji Fruit Cordial & salt. Mix roughly the chopped mint leaves to grape juice. Chill it.
- To serve, place few ice cubes in a glass and pour the juice.
- Decorate with mint leaves.
- Blend awla & Guruji’s awla Sharbat with crushed ice.
- Add salt, pepper & sauce. Blend.
- Put in tall stemmed glass about ¼.
- Add crushed ice & top with soda or lemonade.
- Garnish with lemon slice.
Apart from Refreshing........
It Prevents Cancer & Heart diseases.
Twenty first century is the century of smartness. Gadgets we use in our day to day life are getting smarter with each passing day.
Every now and then we receive massages and posts on our smart phones suggesting eating healthy stuff and drinking nutritious beverages only.
We are more focused on our health and fitness. The modern lifestyle has brought several problem as it compels us remain on our toes always. In order to remain energetic, we always look
for instant energizer. Apart from soft drink and juices people consume Nimbu pani, butter milk and shikanji to be refreshed. We forget that is a drink discovered by our forefathers which is more refreshing, more energizing and healthier than the soft drinks, and other summer drinks. It is THANDAI.
Thandai is not only a smart choice for all of us but it is in fact a smart drink!!! It is a smart drink because it’s kid friendly and adult pleasing. It is also budget friendly and loaded with such healthy properties that no other drink in the world can offer. Thandai prevents cancer and heart diseases. Needless to say that it is also a source of instant energy and rejuvenates the consumer.
Why Thandai has savvy healthy properties attached to it......?
We will have to look into the ingredients. It is made of Fennel seeds, pepper corn,
Watermelon seeds , saffron and milk which is used in our traditional drink Thandai.
After years of research scientist have proved that all the said ingredients have amazing ability to not only give us required nutrition but also enables’ us to subside fatal diseases like cancer, it also
Keeps our heart healthy too.
Just have a look at the healthy properties presents in Thandai.
1. Fennel Seeds: Posses volatile oils which are known for its anti-oxidants, anti-flatulence and cooling properties.
2. Pepper corn: It contains piperine and mineral like magnesia, Zink, calcium, iron and vitamin 'A'.
3. Watermelon Seeds: One of the best sources of energy "Protein and iron".
4. Rose Petals: Good for our digestive system and menstrual irregulation.
5. Almonds: Healthy fats, vitamin E and a known anti-oxidant which prevents cancer.
6. Poppy Seeds: Contain iron, phosphors and fibres. It also contains Thiamine and riboflavin and vitamin B. The presence of linoleic acid protects heart attacks and other heart disorders.
6. Saffron: It has therapeutic applications. It is anti-septic, anti-dispersant, anti-oxidant, digestive and anti convulsant.
7. Milk: It is a complete food. A very good source of calcium and protein. Cold milk is antacid and has a cooling effect on our body.
It is therefore suggested by all the modern day nutritionist and doctors that making a habit of consuming Thandai at least twice a day will keep you healthy, refreshing and smart whole day.
the pioneer of Thandai making "Guruji" was smart enough to know the benefits of its product even 50 years back.