The beginning of the festive season is also just the beginning of entertaining guests at home. Guruji is trying to make life simpler by sharing these simple, delicious and adventurous mocktail recipes for you to welcome your guests with.
The flavours of this pineapple slush are a beautiful of mix of sweet char grilled pineapples, chatpata chaat masala and plenty of crushed ice. When fresh pineapples are not in season you can easily use Guruji pineapple squash to make this drink anytime of the year.
- Take tall stemmed glasses and place 3-4 ice cubes in each glass.
- Pour guruji khus syrup.
- Gently tilt the glass a little and gently pour crush at the bottom.
- Gradually add guruji mango juice.
- So it does not disturb the two layers. Fill ¾ glass.
- Top with lemon ginger and pour little soda. Top with crushed ice.
- Garnish by fixing slit cherry, mint, lemon slice on the rim of the glass.
- Insert a stirrer
- Boil Sugar and ½ cup water, Sim for 2 Minutes.
- Remove from the Burner and cool it.
- Mix Guruji Lemon Ginger syrup , ginger juice, Guruji Lemon Barley, roasted cumin powder, salt, rock salt (kala namak) in large jug.
- Add 4 cups of chilled water & stir.
- Pour into glasses with lemon slice.
- Serve immediately.
Chandan Almond Shake
- Put the washed grapes in a cooker and add 6 cups of water.
- After two whistles remove it from burner.
- Let it cool.
- Place the mixture in blender & blend smooth. Pour the juice through the strainer.
- Add guruji Fruit Cordial & salt. Mix roughly the chopped mint leaves to grape juice. Chill it.
- To serve, place few ice cubes in a glass and pour the juice.
- Decorate with mint leaves.
- Blend awla & Guruji’s awla Sharbat with crushed ice.
- Add salt, pepper & sauce. Blend.
- Put in tall stemmed glass about ¼.
- Add crushed ice & top with soda or lemonade.
- Garnish with lemon slice.
Apart from Refreshing........
It Prevents Cancer & Heart diseases.
Twenty first century is the century of smartness. Gadgets we use in our day to day life are getting smarter with each passing day.
Every now and then we receive massages and posts on our smart phones suggesting eating healthy stuff and drinking nutritious beverages only.
We are more focused on our health and fitness. The modern lifestyle has brought several problem as it compels us remain on our toes always. In order to remain energetic, we always look
for instant energizer. Apart from soft drink and juices people consume Nimbu pani, butter milk and shikanji to be refreshed. We forget that is a drink discovered by our forefathers which is more refreshing, more energizing and healthier than the soft drinks, and other summer drinks. It is THANDAI.
Thandai is not only a smart choice for all of us but it is in fact a smart drink!!! It is a smart drink because it’s kid friendly and adult pleasing. It is also budget friendly and loaded with such healthy properties that no other drink in the world can offer. Thandai prevents cancer and heart diseases. Needless to say that it is also a source of instant energy and rejuvenates the consumer.
Why Thandai has savvy healthy properties attached to it......?
We will have to look into the ingredients. It is made of Fennel seeds, pepper corn,
Watermelon seeds , saffron and milk which is used in our traditional drink Thandai.
After years of research scientist have proved that all the said ingredients have amazing ability to not only give us required nutrition but also enables’ us to subside fatal diseases like cancer, it also
Keeps our heart healthy too.
Just have a look at the healthy properties presents in Thandai.
1. Fennel Seeds: Posses volatile oils which are known for its anti-oxidants, anti-flatulence and cooling properties.
2. Pepper corn: It contains piperine and mineral like magnesia, Zink, calcium, iron and vitamin 'A'.
3. Watermelon Seeds: One of the best sources of energy "Protein and iron".
4. Rose Petals: Good for our digestive system and menstrual irregulation.
5. Almonds: Healthy fats, vitamin E and a known anti-oxidant which prevents cancer.
6. Poppy Seeds: Contain iron, phosphors and fibres. It also contains Thiamine and riboflavin and vitamin B. The presence of linoleic acid protects heart attacks and other heart disorders.
6. Saffron: It has therapeutic applications. It is anti-septic, anti-dispersant, anti-oxidant, digestive and anti convulsant.
7. Milk: It is a complete food. A very good source of calcium and protein. Cold milk is antacid and has a cooling effect on our body.
It is therefore suggested by all the modern day nutritionist and doctors that making a habit of consuming Thandai at least twice a day will keep you healthy, refreshing and smart whole day.
the pioneer of Thandai making "Guruji" was smart enough to know the benefits of its product even 50 years back.
We are so good to welcome the monsoon showers after experiencing the scorching summer heat. But monsoons do bring certain health risks. Our body is more susceptible to health issues in rainy season, because monsoon reduces the immunity power of our body. Our body constantly gets affected with allergies, infections, indigestion problems, so we must keep our body resistant against such diseases. The humidity in the atmosphere is usually high in this season; as a result the body’s digestive capability goes down. The important point to keep in mind is that you must avoid oily food, street food or any type of food that is prepared in bulk else there is a possibility that it upsets your stomach.
Nutritional Tips in Monsoon:
The damp and filthy conditions in monsoon plays a host for many disease causing germs, which cause some serious health attacks like dengue, malaria, conjunctivitis, typhoid, viral fever, pneumonia, gastro intestinal disturbances, diarrhea and dysentery. If your immune system is weak you are supposed to catch these diseases instantly. To maintain healthy diet and protect you from such ill causes during the rainy season these countermeasures have to be taken.
- If you are not eating fruits, then you must start eating them. Fruits are a very rich source of many minerals and vitamins that we fail to consume on daily basis. If you don’t like eating fruits raw, then you could opt for Mixed Fruit Jam that have high fruit pulp content.
- Have medium to low salt food and avoid heavy salty food as they are responsible for high blood pressure and water retention.
- Body’s immunity can be increased by adding a saffron in your diet,one glass of kesar sharbat in morning is good to start your day.
- Drinking more water is always advisable for a healthy lifestyle. If you are going to mix a healthy drink option with the water, then you could double up the benefit. For example, Guruji has loads of yummy squash options that can be mixed with water to replenish energy during monsoon time, swad bhi sehat bhi.
Consuming bitter vegetables like bitter gourd, and bitter herbs like neem, turmeric powder and methi seeds help in preventing infections.Consume drying oils like corn oil or light oil and avoid heavy oils like sesame oil, peanut oil and mustard oil as they fall in first place to invite infections.
People who face skin allergies during rainy seasons must avoid spicy foods. Spicy foods raise body temperature and stimulate blood circulation and it leads to allergies and skin irritation. Other problems such as boils, change in skin color dullness, rashes, pyodera are also some skin damaging effects which arise in this season.Avoid naturally sour foods like tamarind, tomatoes and lime in your diet as it promotes water retention.
- Astringent, mildly bitter and pungent foods must be best served this season.
✔ Best Combination Of Taste And Health
Any health drink that has natural content in the composition is sure to give you positive effect on your health. People don’t realize the fact when they buy cold drinks from the market that has only sugar content and nothing else. When you buy drinks like Kesar Pista, Litchi Squash, and
Pineapple Squash, they not only get a refreshing and good taste, buy they also get the natural content of fruit pulp in the drinks that not only adds up to the overall taste but is also very good for the body as well.
✔ Fresh and Refreshing
As all the Guruji products are manufactured in the Indore facility, you can be sure of getting only the fresh products from the stable. Unlike the other drinks on the market that come from different states and hence take a time
to get delivered to the shops in Indore, with Guruji, you get the drinks that are freshly made, and they also have a clear expiry date printed on them. This means that whenever you buy the cold drinks like Thandai, Sharbat, Kesar Pista, or Pineapple Squash, you get them fresh.
✔ Nature’s Ingredients
What could be better than having a drink that has all the natural ingredients? When you go to the local shops to have juice, then the first thing that you have in your mind is to have a fresh and refreshing drink that also has health benefits. Guruji follows the similar approach and we are very much particular when it comes to the composition of our products. All the products in our line up are made with natural ingredients and you can be sure to give your family the best combination of health and taste every time you buy a Guruji product.
✔ Light and Refreshing
Drinks like Kesar Pista, Litchi Squash, and Pineapple Squash are very light to have and they do not fill you up that makes you feel heavy at all. If you are going out or coming back after a hectic day, a glass full of these drinks freshens you up and will make you feel lively at once. These are also the best choice to serve to your guest as they not only taste good, but some of the products like squash and Sharbat are natural appetizers too and they are going to make your guest feel really nice.
If you haven’t yet tried the awesome range of Guruji products, then you must surely give them a try. They are not expensive and offer you the best combination of health and taste that you will ever find on the market in the similar price range. Moreover, with so many options to choose fro, you will always have the drink to serve to your guest or to have them yourself. We have also covered the market in a wide manner so you will get the entire range of Guruji’s products in the shop near you.
Ten Tips to Improve Your Health by Shree Guruji Thandai
- Drink More Water
Drinking more water is the first step towards a healthy lifestyle. If you are going to mix a healthy drink option with the water, then you could double up the benefit. For example, Guruji has loads of yummy squash options that can be mixed with water to replenish energy during day time.
- Go for a walk
Most of the people ignore the importance of daily exercising and thanks to the hectic schedule of many of us we completely ignore the importance of exercise and thus end up gaining more weight eventually. The best way to make sure that you are taking care of it all is by going for a brisk walk every day.
- Cut Down The Carbohydrates
Taking too many carbohydrates in your diet on regular basis will eventually add up more weight to your body. It is always a good idea to have measured intakes of carbs in your diet that will help you with far better calorie and weight management.
- Add Soluble Fibre to Your Diet
Adding lot more green vegetables in your diet will automatically induce more fiber to your body which will ultimately help you with the digestion. Better digestion means much better protein distribution in the body that leads to a better health. You also have to make sure that if you are not eating too many green vegetables, then you might include healthy drink options like thandai, and squash that will supply you with some fiber.
- Add Fruits To Your Diet
If you are not eating fruits, then you must start eating them. Fruits are a very rich source of many minerals and vitamins that we fail to consume on daily basis. If you don’t like eating fruits raw, then you could opt for our range squash or Mixed Fruit Jam that have high fruit pulp content.
- Cut Down Sugar Intake
Eating too much sugar on daily basis is always harmful to the health in the longer run and do make sure that you are consuming sugar in limited quantity.
- Eat On Time
People have a habit of eating food on erratic times and they are never sure when they have to eat. Eating late in the night and directly going to bed after eating will have an adverse effect on the body in the longer run. Always make sure that you have a set time to eat your meals.
- Take Calories But In An Advised Manner
- Cut Down Oil
People who are in a habit of eating fried food and consuming a lot of oil in their diet must refrain themselves from doing the same. It is always a good idea to cut down the intake of oil from too much to normal.
- Take an expert advice
If you have any doubt regarding your health and food intake, then it is always advised that you should take the recommendation from an expert as he will be able to guide you in a far better manner.